Solved: ? Laptop stuck in hibernation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Whiterose

I have a NEC Versa M540 laptop. It appears to be stuck in hibernation. When this happened on a previous occassion holding down the power button solved the problem......this time there is no response. Fans,lights all working but I just have a totally black screen. Am unable to switch off so am totally at sea at what to do next..........help please. Thanks in anticipation.

Does the system show a splash screen or POST screen of any kind when you power it off and power it on?

I suspect your hard drive may have failed or the video is gone. Tried hooking a monitor to the vga output?

Whiterose

Screen shows nothing....last thing I did was try to F8 when coming back from hibernation......then nothing.

Cant power on/off it only hibernates

Really? Even after killing all power to the laptop? If thats the case then it's not stuck in hibernation. Likely hardware failure.

Too quick to call it quits.

Pull the battery out of the laptop so there is absolutely no source of power. Leave it that way for a few minutes. See if that helps. If not then try hooking up a CRT monitor to it. If that doesn't work then off to the repair shop it goes.

BugMeNoMore

Banned
I've heard of this happening before - the bad news - apparently there's no solution but to wipe the drive and start with a fresh installation of windows. I may be wrong, but in future I'd disable hibernation & stick to standby.

Whiterose

Thanks for the help guys........I left the battery out for 24 hrs and when I put it back in I could get access to start at a good configuration..........didn't work yesterday when I tried but I won't look a gift-horse in the mouth.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online