1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Laptop to Tv via HDMI issue (was not a problem with Vista)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Shadowsden89, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shadowsden89

Shadowsden89 Thread Starter

Hello,

I've recently upgraded from Windows Vista 23bit to Windows 7 64bit, but I've already hit a few snags. I tried watching a show on Hulu on my tv via an HDMI cord, but the resolution between the two was an issue. The screen on my laptop appeared normal but the screen on the tv was very small, taking up only half the screen size. I tried adjusting the resolution on my laptop to see if any of them would fit better, but none of them worked. It would also produce a pop-up that said the compatible resolution is 1280x768 but even that one was too small.

The tv itself is an "iSymphony LC26iH56 26-Inch 720p LCD HDTV.

The problem with all of this is that being able to do this was the whole reason I bought the tv. I do not have cable, which is why I use Hulu, and to come across this problem now is more than a little frustrating. It worked fine when I had Vista, a little annoying sure since it would sometimes drop the picture or audio, but it worked well after some tweaking....

Any help is MUCH appreciated!!

[​IMG]

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

I doubt that I can help much, as I think that the success of this depends not only on the OS but also the computer and TV. Is your problem only with Hulu?

I connect my Windows 7 64-bit by HDMI to my TV and the screen resolution automatically changes to that of the TV (I think 1280x768) and the laptop's screen is duplicated on the TV and the sound goes to the TV (after I learned to set the HDMI to be the sound default). Haven't tried Hulu with it, but I then choose my MLB baseball game, select full-screen, and the TV picture is full screen as if I were watching an actual broadcast.

3. Shadowsden89

The problem is with the entire screen, not just Hulu.

I am going to try and post a photo.

4. dustyjay

dustyjay Jay

Have you tried the Format Adjustments on the TV itself? I have to adjust mine when I use my laptop on my 60" DLP. If I don't the display will only fill about 2/3 of the screen. I also have lower the resolution to just below the Max Recommended resolution to keep my Desktop Icons from being cut off on the sides when I do this.

5. Shadowsden89

Yup, I've tried that too. But it only has two options in "Aspects" on the menu... 16x9 and "Normal" which is even smaller. :(

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1015865