1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: LapTop troubles ... Quick Response Needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wasper, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wasper

Wasper Thread Starter

Hi,

I'll start off by saying that Im not proficent with anything laptop.

Heres the deal, Im in work and my boss has his duaghters notebook here. She spilled full glass of what ever she was drinking onto the notebook. The thing will not start up, she prob fried something. She has a paper writen and saved to the hard drive and she need the info.

I see that the hard drive has what looks like a regular IDE connector on it, but it has no power connection. Im used to full sized HDDs that have either a 4-pin molex or sata power connection.

Now heres my question... If I take that HDD and hook it up to the IDE connector in one of the towers at work, Wil I be able to retrieve the information off of it? Will it even interface with a regular computer?

Her notebook is a HP Pavilion DV4000,
    The HDD is a Seagate 100GB AT Disc Drive Model# ST9100822A (HP part# 376771-001)

A timely response would be appreciated.
    Thank You,
    Wasper

2. Wasper

Wasper Thread Starter

Nevermind,

I answered my own question, lol.

I guess I need a 2.5" 44-pin to 3.5" 40-pin adaptor.

Heh.. gues I jumped the gun on the post, ohwell.

Wasper

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589841

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice