1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Laptop won't go into sleep mode!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TrulyLegit, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrulyLegit

TrulyLegit Thread Starter

Hello all fellow techies,
    I have just done two fresh installs on this SONY VAIO VGN-NS110e laptop and with Windows Vista Premium, but I can not get this laptop to go into safe mode!

When I press Start, and go to the shut down area, the word Sleep is greyed out.
    I have installed most of the drivers off the sony website and I can not get it.
    When I press the Power button while the computer is on (which usually sends it to safe mode), the computer brings up a screen that says the battery is not working properly and this will not ever go away until I reformat again. I know the battery is working properly there is just a driver or something I am missing.

How do I let this laptop "know" it's a laptop?
    I am just trying to update the bios now

2. TrulyLegit

TrulyLegit Thread Starter

I solved this,
    It took a couple vista updates in the end, thanks.

3. promom

promom

You need to go to control panel, power options and set them up properly. If you don't know how, ask again, but it should be fairly straight forward. (I usually turn off sleep mode, myself, unless it's a Mac)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/936601

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice