Solved: Laptop wont turn on

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hannah1999

ok so I got this http://www.dell.com/au/p/inspiron-13-7347-laptop/pd laptop literally 2 days ago and i had it charging and i had my hard drive plugged in and my phone, so i had closed it an left it for 2 minutes and i come back and it is off no lights or anything. I is definatly not flat as i charged it over night and it was nearly full before it turned off. I got it through the school so we cant take it anywhere but the tech department at school. from what i can see, you cant take the battery out without removing the back and i think that might void its warranty so i dont want to try it unless it wont! Any help? i need it for school on monday! the charger is fine and nothing happens when you plug it in. Dell was no help and said I had to send it in :/

Try taking battery out and with it unplugged also press the on button for 30 seconds. then reinsert battery and try to turn it on.

hannah1999

you can't remove the battery without taking off the back and i don't know if that will void its warranty

Yes that one you will have to remove back to disconnect. Suggestion Wait till battery dies than you can try it

Not if you wait till battery dies than use on button to push for 30 seconds than charge battery. That should not effect your warranty.

Leave it on for a couple of day`s. I would leave it on for a week. Do you hear anything close to your ear

On your first post you had harddrive hooked up and phone hooked up? was that a external harddrive? also grabbing straws can you hold the on button down for 30 seconds and unplug every thing else

hannah1999

yes it was a external hard drive, i unplugged everything and i held the the on button down and it did nothing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online