1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Large File Downloading

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Niessen, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Niessen

Niessen Thread Starter

I recently purchased Visual Studio 6.0 and want to download a 132MB file with samples of the several venues comprising the Studio. Yesterday, I spent 15 hours at my machine trying to download this large file (56k Modem) and at 131+MB, my connection to my ISP broke and I lost it! I have tried several times before and after this crushing loss and have had similar problems.

Is there any software or other means to "restart" when a downloading process has been broken off and continue the download? That seems possible, say, when downloading Microsoft service packs and upgrades . . . but can I do it too?

Thank you!

2. ceri sheeran

ceri sheeran

3. Niessen

Niessen Thread Starter

Dear Ceri,

Thank you so very much! The file now sits on my drive and I am off and running.

I certainly appreciate your time in responding to my question.

Walt

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Usually, when using the normal IE downloader, you can still resume the download by simply clicking the link again, provided that you have not closed the window that contains the link and that the file name to be saved is exactly the same.

But a download manager saves a lot of heartache.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/386099

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice