Solved: Last question, I promise :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

moogle_man

I know that I've been asking a lot of questions here, so I'll try to make this my last one :D

The other day, when I was trying to back up my files because I was about to install Service Pack 1, I accidentally tried saving my backup files on the D: Drive, which is labeled "HP Recovery Drive".

The thing is, the drive wasn't big enough to hold all the backup files that I needed. It failed, and now all the backup files are still in the D: drive, incomplete. My computer keeps telling me every 10 minutes that "D: Drive is full, please delete files to free up". I was talking to a friend, and he said that concerning that drive, I needed to be careful with what I delete in there. is there a thing that I can do to safely delete the backup files without deleting anything important in there?

The D: Drive used to be empty though, but I want to make sure if there's a proper way of deleting the useless files in there. And when I click on that balloon that says "Delete the files" and stuff, I run it and it give me the option to delete nothing.

Thanks!

It sounds from your description that D is the recovery partition where all the Windows files are stored for the purpose of reinstalling Windows, nothing should ever be added to thoose files.

Usually the drive is hidden, so not sure why you were able to select it to put the backups on it.

My only answer is that only you know the files you wrote to it, therefore only you know what can be deleted? But just how it allowed you to add files to a hidden partition is unusual...

moogle_man

Thanks for the advice. The Partition wasn't actually never hidden, in fact, everytime I start my computer, it tells me if there's anything in it or not.

I'm not sure what files would be in there, so I'm going to keep this topic as "Not solved".

I am really not sure what you are worried about. You cannot enter the actual restore Partition so the files you see are the ones you copied to the drive just delete them.

moogle_man

Well, I'm basically a noob at computers still, so I wanted to be extra careful when it came to such things.

Thanks for the advice :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online