1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Latest Gold Price

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Teacherless, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Teacherless

Teacherless Thread Starter

Hi people, I am busy trying to put together a workbook program that will help a Jeweller/Gold trader friend of mine. I am looking for some vba code that I can insert, that will, when activated, download the latest gold price, and insert it into one of the worksheets, thereafter to become part of a formula that calculates the value of a given weight of gold. Any help here would be gratefully received, as I seem to have exhausted all my own methods without success. :eek:

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. Teacherless

Hi there etaf, thanks for your interest. I would like the user to be able to press a button and receive the latest gold price in a cell, say A1. He/she will then take this price and insert it into a range of cells which are part of different formulas which will then give different results depending upon requirements. For instance, if the user is buying gold from a dealer, then a slightly higher amount would be offered than if buying from the general public.
    I just need some help with the code which will go to a site on the internet and automatically download the latest price.
    Again, thanks for your time and interest, John

4. Rearden

Rearden Banned

5. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

Hi T -
    Did not have time to pretty this up, but is it kinda what you are looking for?
    Web Link Data Collection is tenuous at best, they change their site, it stops working.
    Hope it helps for a while if it is what you are looking for...
    (I used Monex - if you have a preference, it may be possible too...)

Attached Files:

6. Teacherless

Hi there Rearden, thanks for your input but I am looking for code that will input the gold price into my spreadsheet. Thanks again for your time,
    Regards, John

7. Teacherless

Hi Many, you have hit the nail on the head, just what I was looking for. I've tried it out and it works like a charm. I can also use the silver prices as a bonus!
    Thanks a mill, you are a star. I will now mark this as solved.
    Best regards, John.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087648

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice