1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: LCD display problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pouch_Knife, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pouch_Knife

Pouch_Knife Thread Starter

Hi everybody,

I've just installed a new LCD monitor on my PC and after actually getting a response out of it finally got it working. Then for some reason (I think due to a wierd Windows update) the display went an interesting shade of pink. I've tried changing my colour settings and can get a near white out of the monitor (the manufacturers website doesn't have any relevant drivers). I've also tried the monitor cable and the temperature settings on the monitor itself all to no avail. Ideally I'd like to get it so that I didn't have to have any filters in place so that I can be sure that I'm seeing what I'm meant to be seeing. I'm sorry for the essay but I hope that the more information that I provide the better the answer. And lastly, thanks for anybody who can help.

Hardware:
    Monitor: Acer 17" AL1716
    CPU: AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.17GHz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte 7VM400M-RZ, x.x
    Graphic Interface: AGP
    RAM: 512MB DDR-SDRAM
    Operating System : Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 at 256Mb

2. Jsortland

Jsortland

umm normally when you see colors that means video problems meaning improperly seated card bad video card or the lcd .. Try the monitor on another comp lets see if that fixes the pink.

3. Pouch_Knife

Pouch_Knife Thread Starter

I'm feeling a little stupid now it was a dusty connector on the computer end of the display cable. :-( thanks for the help either way.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/431090

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice