1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Learning JavaScript coding, whats wrong with this code?

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by turbow5, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ent

Ent Josiah Trusted Advisor

Apr 11, 2009
    I suggest that you do a bit more research. for is a command used for loops, but you still need quite a lot.
    For example, you need some way of telling the loop when to stop. Go to google and ask it about javascript For.

Also, the actual code that you want to repeat should go inside curly brackets {} after the actual for statement, just like the code you used with if.
  2. ckphilli

Apr 29, 2006
    I agree wholeheartedly with Ent. Additionally, you need to actually read what they have right there in codeacademy. Something you need to understand about programming is that it's not just regurgitating code...there's some actual thought behind it. I've said this before to you and I'll say it again: slow down and actually try to learn. Else, you will constantly be backtracking because you never laid a foundation. Good luck and don't forget to have fun. :)
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1057635