1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Leftover Program

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Danyo, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Danyo

Danyo Thread Starter

I had a trial program loaded, the program was past the trial period and I forgot to uninstall it. When I did uninstall the program I thought all traces of it where gone. That was about a couple of months ago.
    I decided that I would like to use it the program and tried to download it. The program started to download, but never finished the download. Got a message that "old version" needed to be removed.
    I've done a search for the program, couldn't find any trace of the program. Went into regedit>software..found something I'm not sure if its the program or not. The program in question FakeWebCam...found in regedit>software "fwc" with 9 keys with values. The initials match the program's name.
    Should I delete that folder from regedit?

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

I just installed it into a virtual machine and it created the fwc key with 9 values so that's probably the one to delete. Always a good idea to export a copy first just in case.

HTH

Jerry

3. Danyo

Danyo Thread Starter

Thanks for that information. I really appreciate that you took the time to download the program to prove that it leaves remnants of the program on the computer, even after uninstalling it.
    Not too many people would be willing to do that, taking the chance it might mess up their system.
    Thanks again.

4. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

You're welcome! And using a Virtual PC there's not much chance of messing anything up, just close and don't save changes, and it's back to exactly the way it was before. Real handy for trying things out.

Jerry

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/685658

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice