Solved: Lenovo 3000 N200 battery fail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DYS

Hey guys.

A few weeks ago, I was watching a video on my Lenovo 3000 N200 laptop, and I was called away to do something. I had it running on the battery (as a power source). When I got back, I found that the laptop had shut itself off. I just assumed that the battery had run out and that the laptop had put itself into hibernation. However, now, the laptop only works if I have the AC power adaptor connected - just like a desktop computer, If I unplug the AC power, the laptop simply shuts off, which is obviously impractical and extremely annoying.

Funny thing, on my power options window, it informs me that a battery is connected, but the current power source is still the AC power. The battery does not charge at all, but if I bring up the little window giving me detailed information about my battery it tells me that the Power State is On Line.

Obviously there's a problem somewhere. Basically, I'd like to know if anyone has any idea whether this issue could be solved if I simply just buy a new/replacement battery, or whether there's something deeper that could be wrong.

I even bought a new laptop (with better specs), but I cannot get on with it (because of the limited screen resolution) and would love to be able to have my classic laptop back.

Any input is greatly welcome.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
I've edited your post to remove inappropriate language. Please remember this a family oriented forum.

Have you tried removing the battery, checking and cleaning the contacts, and re-inserting the battery?

DYS

Apologies for that.

Yes, I have done, and have just had another go at it.

When I re-insert the battery, my battery indicator light lights up red on the front, which usually indicates that a battery is present but is running low. After a few seconds, the light just goes off and I'm back where I started.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
The battery may have failed and may need to be replaced.

DYS

Yeah? Okay, you're about the third person with credibility who's said this so I think that may very well be the case.

I hope this is the case.

Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online