1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Lenovo G585 Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by radhakrishnasrk, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. radhakrishnasrk

radhakrishnasrk Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a Lenovo G585 Laptop and I am trying install windows xp over windows 8 the CD boots and when i get to windows is starting screen I get the blue screen error with 0x000007b error. I need help here to overcome this.

thanks.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Windows XP doesn't support SATA controllers with AHCI or RAID capability and the controller needs to be switched to IDE, Legacy, or Compatible Mode in the BIOS to work with Windows XP OR you must provide the proper SATA driver via a floppy disc or slipstreaming the drivers onto a custom Windows XP disc.

Have you looked to see if Lenovo provides drivers for Windows XP for that model? Certain things will not work or work properly with what is now becoming an obsolete operating system, for example AHCI, 4KB hard drives, SSD's, USB 3.0, and much more. If you really can't stand Windows 8, even after adding the Start button back so it's pretty much an enhanced Windows 7, then Windows 7 would be feasible downgrade.

3. radhakrishnasrk

radhakrishnasrk Thread Starter

Thanks. it worked after changing the controller to legacy.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Glad to hear (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088262

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice