1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Lenovo pc temp okay?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DJTEEL, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DJTEEL

DJTEEL Thread Starter

my pc is a lenovo,64bit 2.50 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual-Core.it normally seems to run between 36-40 celsius when idle.is that too hot?

2. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

thats fine and normal...the fan will kick off and on as needed.
    What kind of temps do you get when you put the machine under a load?...if everything is cooling proper should be the low 60s.

3. DJTEEL

DJTEEL Thread Starter

rarely runs as high as 60..have multi tasked quite a bit (downloading music files,watching streaming video,streaming webcam and several other tasks all at same time)to see just how warm it might get but never even hit 60.. as i remember the highest it ever reached while putting quite a load on it was about 49 i believe.out of mentioning,if i ever get another pc,which will be ceratin sooner or later,i'll purchase another lenovo 64bit dual core..i totally love this thing.i don't know how lenovo rates against the others but i've been won over by them.thanx for the quick reply btw..seems like only a couple minutes went by after i initially typed the question.again,thanks for the reply.

4. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

Alot of people are partial to lenovo
    A good workput for it without having to download any third party software such as prime 95 or superpi,would be the moviemaker....just drag a few pictures and a song for the project..then when clicking "save movie as"...will convert to the file format selected...if the temps are going to go high it will usually do it during the movie creation...if you dont get into the 60s then...you have an excellent cooling system.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974063

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice