Solved: Lets Talk FTP server

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ALpHaMoNk

OK i have been running my ftp server for a few months now, with different software. first software was Winftp, which works great except that if for any reason the internet hicups and has the slightest lose of connection the software will crash out and i have to log in remotely and restart the server.
other software that i have use.
Filezilla, serv-u and bulletproof ftp, all of these work great and do not crash if there is lost of connection, they all reconnect automatically which i love but the problem that i find, that i did not have with Winftp is the directories.

see i share out c:\movies, then i share out another like c:\music (c:\movies is the home directory.

i go to an outside machine and login, all i get is the c:\home dir why can't i switch the the c:\movies? i dont want to add shortcuts to the other directory becuase i would like to have different shares for different people.

how can i get a nice directory list like:
c:\movies
c:\music
c:\games
d:\whatever else
d:\some more stuff

si there a way i can set it up so that i have say a home dir then the rest below when i login?

this problem happens if i login using a client software, IE or Mozilla (ftp://ftpserver.com) same goes if i use windows explorer.

any and all help greatly appreciated.

this is on a home server running windows 2003 standard
p4 3.0
2.5gb ram
80gb master
250gb slave

ALpHaMoNk

i was able to solve this issues by using different software Titan ftp works very well!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online