1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Lexmark/Dell Printer Problem

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by CTPhil, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CTPhil

CTPhil Thread Starter

When using my Dell A960 all-in-one printer, all of a sudden everything is coming out pink. (And black). I've messed with the color options, (no help), the cartridges are nearly full and had been working. I searched the forum, and came up with several threads, but nobody had reported back on any solutions.

I uninstalled the software, restarted the computer and re-installed it, still pink. I'm not getting any error messages. This just came out of the blue. (No pun intended :) )

The only thing I've done differently is to run Advanced WindowsCare, but a full re-install should have worked if that was the cause, shouldn't it?

Any ideas? Thank you.

P.S. Sorry! Wrong category, I meant to post in "Hardware".

2. CTPhil

CTPhil Thread Starter

I figured it out myself. :rolleyes: The cause of the problem was owner stupidity. The color ink cartridge was out of ink, but was showing almost full, probably due to the fact that I periodically have to pull it out to get the printer to recognize it. Sorry to waste anyones time. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538283

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice