1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Lexmark Printer for XP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Boothbay, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boothbay

Boothbay Account Closed Thread Starter

Hi, after reinstalling XP cause of a bad virus, i reinstalled my printer software and all went well. ..since then i have been monkeying around network sharing, and having no luck there at all, except one way...i tried to share my printer with win 7. Now, for some unknown reason i am having a problem printing just on my xp desktop. i deleted the software twice and reinstalled it twice and still no luck. Its a lexmark laser printer E210..with usb cable. even moved cable to another port..nothing. Tried the troubleshooter that windows offers and most of the time its a waste...ie it asks, can i make a test print...presuming with the software...which i can't, but i can do a test print manually, by pressing the test button on my printer...so there is nothing wrong with the hardware.. am at a loss on why i can't get it to work through the software. Any thoughts would be welcomed at this stage..thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025102

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice