1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: LG High Def Recorder HDD format error

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Jordster, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jordster

Jordster Thread Starter

Hi guys,
    I have a LG High Definition Recorder LST-5402P, and the HDD has an erorr. When I try to format it, it says Please wait, then Failed to format HDD.

Is there any solution to this? Thanks

2. Jordster

Jordster Thread Starter

Don't worry. I fixed it.

All I did was change over the HDD inside the recorder, luckily I had a spare 200GB ATA lying around :)

3. Muzza_p

Muzza_p

Oh I was wondering about those issues.
    I have a LST-5402P and was wanting to know how to back-up the data off the HDD. one of the questions I was going to ask was if the hard drive can be replaced with something of a different size, or if it has to be the same size and model as the OEM drive? The other question I was going to ask is if anyone knows the format/filesystem of the HDD's used in the LG units? are they FAT/NTFS/EXT2/HPFS or something else used by LG? Does anyone know? or should I remove the drive (from my 2month old unit) and put it in my PC to find out?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

4. buffoon

buffoon

fat 32

5. Muzza_p

Muzza_p

Fantastic
    If i find out anything else about them, I will keep the forums up to date :)
    Thank you very much :)

6. buffoon

buffoon

You're welcome(y)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754382

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice