Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Limited Access on One Computer! Urgent.

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  TerryNet 
#1 ·
Alright, hello everyone! I'm quite new here and I know this is my first post but I'm in desperate need of some help. This problem has been frustrating me for two days and I've tried everything. So, if you'll listen and help me out it would be greatly appreciated!

So, let's begin. I have a custom built computer and I purchased a wireless networking adapter for convenience and my router is in an odd place for an Ethernet connection: specifically the D'link DWA 566. Two days ago my internet went from perfectly fine to limited access overnight. It has been unable to connect since then. However, I can pick up many wireless networks around my area and the one I'm trying to connect too; only to have limited access. Every other device on the network can connect perfectly fine. In terms of troubleshooting, I've called D'link, my ISP and a couple tech lines and they haven't found anything at all.

This is my system:
System Model: Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 x64
Processor: Intel i7-2600K 3.40GHz Quad core
RAM: 8G
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 560 Ti

Currently, these are the issues I've noticed throughout exploring my system.
- inability to uninstall driver software for DWA 566
- unable to reinstall new drivers for DWA 566 "the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 or x64 versioin of the program, and then contact the software publisher'". - However, I have a x64 system and there is only one download on D'links website for support
- ipconfig /all reveals little to no information even as an adminstrator.
"Windows Ip Configuration:
Host Name: JR-PC
Primary DNS: blank
Node Type: Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled:No
WINS Proxy Enabled: No

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunnelling Pseudo-Interface:
Media State: Media disconnected
Connection specific DNS suffix: blank
Description:Teredo Tunnelling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address: 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled: No
Autoconfig Enabled: Yes"

- I have no IP address, no IP subnet or gateway address.
- My DHCP is not enabled and my server, lease, lease expires, lease obtained and MAC address are "not available". (I viewed this in System Information)
- Windows is saying my hardware is working properly and I see lights working on the card.
- Within Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Application/ there are a few errors concerning WMI and AirNCFG.exe which is a file within the DWA 566 folder. However, I cannot uninstall the program or re install the drivers.
- Switched channels on my router (using another laptop connected to the same wifi network).
- Virus scanner comes up clean (McAfee OAS 2011)
- Booted into safe mode and networking and attempted to connect.
- I'm sure there's more but I'm writing this at 3:03am.

I've currently tried this for a solution:
- Resetting the router.
- Calling technical support for D'link, and Eastlink.
- ipconfig /flushdns, release, renew.
- Set my IPv6 and IPv4 protocols to obtain IP address automatically.
- Disconnecting and reconnecting to the network.
- Forgetting the network and readding it.
- Disabling the DWA 566 and enabling it.
- Uninstalling the DWA 566 from the device manager and detecting new hardware. (There is no yellow exclamation mark)
- My computer is 4 feet from the router.
- Turned off windows firewall and attempted to connect. (Also did this in safemode).

I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to buy another network card or install windows 8 on my machine. Sadly, I think that might be the only option. But if anyone can help me out that would be much appreciated. [inappropriate request for private help deleted by mod] I know it was a big read, but thanks a lot for the help!

Jordan.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello Jordan

I believe the issue may lie with your diver but it is strange that it does not allow you to uninstall it. Try to uninstall it while in safe mode and see if it allows you to do this.

Also try to download the latest drivers through the Internet and use the browse option to install the diver over the existing one and see if it allows you to complete this.

I hope it works, good luck
Techy1234

#3 ·
Uninstall the adapter from Device Manager; shut down the computer; physically remove and replace the card (in case of looseness or contact corrosion); try again to install the latest correct driver from D-Link's web site.

#4 ·
I've tried both of those options with absolutely no luck. I've event went as far as to try another PCI network adapter and I'm still getting limited access to my wireless network. The new adapter came with new drivers and a connection wizard so I don't believe it is the drivers any more. I'm also still lacking an IP address and I still have no DHCP within ipconfig /all. Should I try something as drastic as to reinstall Windows? I'm running out of ideas!

#5 ·
What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.