1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Link Outlook 2007 With My Yahoo

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DeftlySpun, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DeftlySpun

DeftlySpun Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2330 @ 1.60GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 894 Mb
    Graphics Card: VIA Chrome9 HC IGP Family WDDM, 128 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 152524 MB, Free - 125450 MB; F: Total - 1907057 MB, Free - 282207 MB; I: Total - 953634 MB, Free - 736575 MB;
    Motherboard: CLEVO Co., M540SR
    Antivirus: ESET Smart Security 4.0, Updated and Enabled

I went through the set up in Outlook to link with Yahoo but for some reason it gets to where it is trying to link with the mail server and can't get it done.

Any ideas?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

You have to pay for a Yahoo mail account to get POP access, or be Asian.

Google has free POP and IMAP mail.

3. DeftlySpun

Really? Well that is just disappointing.

Never heard of paying for a Yahoo account.

Just finished pawing around at Yahoo.com and see nothing of this. Do you know where to go to look into this further?

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

I get my Yahoo mail through Thunderbird through POP access because I changed all my settings to indicate that I was in Asia. Short of that, you need a yearly subscription to Yahoo Mail Plus. It is the same at most mail sites. They all charge for POP access.

5. DeftlySpun

OK, I remember now what you refer to. I knew that just had slipped away.

First of all I work for a Non-Profit and don't have money to spend on much but hard bills. So buying software, paid subscriptions, etc are not an option for me right now.

I was hoping to create an eNewsletter in Publisher and then send out through Outlook. Any free ideas as to how to go about this?

I mean by-the-way eMails that look and read as a newsletter.

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

As I said, Google has free POP access. You can open an account there if you don't have one. Then you enable POP access in your account settings and follow their very good directions on how to set up the addresses and ports for access from Outlook. That would seem to be the most cost-effective approach if you want to use Outlook, and I can see why you would.

Of course, nothing is really free. Just like with Google Docs, they scan all the email that goes through their server for any information they can gather for marketing purposes and targeted ads. They say that all that data is anonymized. Google sells ads and not software, so everything they do has ads as a goal.

7. DeftlySpun

OK, cool. Thanks Elvandil.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026528

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice