1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Solved) Links Don't Open

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cap12, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cap12

cap12 Thread Starter

Help. All of a sudden, my browser will not open any hyperlinks. If I receive an email and click on the links, either nothing happens or my browser opens a bland window and the microsoft icon at top right that usually moves to show me that something is happending does not work. I am having to cut and paste into the address line in order to go there.

The same thing happens if I am at a Web site and click a link that should open a new window.

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Cap12
    Welcome to TSG!

See if Tony's suggestions in post 3 of this thread will correct your problem.

Click here for thread.

Let us know if that helps.

Dave

3. cap12

cap12 Thread Starter

My browser won't open the link you are refering to...can you type it out or something..this is the problem I am having...any help would be appreciated...thanks

4. Davey7549

Davey7549

PHP:
    http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147875
    See if you can copy and paste now.

Dave

5. cap12

cap12 Thread Starter

Thank you so much. The thread worked and now my browser workds again. Out of curiosity, what went wrong? And, what exactly did those regsvr commands do? Anything I can do to prevent this from happening again? Finally, is there a way that I can give positive feedback for you? Thanks

6. Davey7549

Davey7549

Cap12
    Glad all is well again for you!
    Sometimes when you download and install programs some files are overwritten or removed. Faulty updates can do the same. Anyway re-registering certian programs can resolve this situation.

Here is the official explaination of use for the command regsvr32 from Microsoft

As far as positive feedback..... You successful fix of the problem is enough for me!

Take care and will consider problem solved.

Dave

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169440

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice