Solved: Links Will Not Open

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tommiefromva

Somehow Babylon Search got on my computer and took over. It made itself default search engine. i had a devil of a time getting it off my computer but finally succeeded. Now when I click on a hyperlink a blank window comes up but never opens. I have to cut and paste it to get it to open. I am on Windows XP and IE8 browser. I would appreciate any help but remember I can't click on any hyperlinks.

tommiefromva

I did the check on my "dlls". All were found but the Msjava.dll and Mshtml.dll were not found. So now how do I install these.

tommiefromva

I downloaded google chrome and now the hyperlinks will open but still no Msjava.dll. Is there a site where I can download these dlls?

The MSJava.dll was used for Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine which has been discontinued. Use Oracle Java and don't worry about MSJava. Your problem started when the other browser was installed, it made changes to your registry. If you want to use IE, uninstall Chrome and everything should work fine.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts