1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: LINKsYs BEFW11S4 Router Problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by WroZZa, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WroZZa

WroZZa Thread Starter

I got this router super long time ago and its usually worked with out any issues at all . But for some reason lately its been disconnecting randomly . I've tried searching for solutions but havent found anything that has worked solid . So far this is what I've done to try and correct the problem .

1st ...Update the firmware
    2nd...reset and update firmware
    3rd...reset and NOT update firmware ( this actually worked the best )

So far I havent had a problem but now the one laptop and wi-fi device is running a tad slow

Ok so the question....when I updated the firm ware on the router I was getting "Limited or No connectivity " issues with the laptop . How can this be fixed ?

current status as of now ..If any thing looks odd or if somone has a idea what it could be please let me know
    Login Type: DHCP
    Internet IP Address: 71.235.49.196
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.248.0
    Default Gateway: 71.235.48.1
    DNS 1: 68.87.71.226
    DNS 2: 68.87.73.242
    DNS 3: 0.0.0.0
    MTU: 1500

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, one issue here seems to be that you have the modem plugged into a LAN port, not the WAN port. That's the only reason I can see that you'd have a public IP address on the connected machine. With that configuration, only one machine will be able to connect.

To address the disconnection issue, have you tried changing the router's channel? I like channels 1, 6, and 11 for the US.

3. WroZZa

WroZZa Thread Starter

Well the modem is plugged into the internet port on the router and the other two out of 4 ports is used by the 360 and this PC . Pretty sure everything is connected right . I have it set at channel 6 for the wi-fi .............. Well I'm hitting 24 hours with out any issues . So maybe I'll just deal with the slow wireless connection . Still irks me that I cant update the firmware on the router

4. WroZZa

WroZZa Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/604839

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice