Solved: Linksys WMP54G Wifi PCI Adapter Not working.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ThePCguy95

So, I ordered a Linksys wifi card off of amazon and just recieved it today. I put the cd in the computer and follow its instructions, it told me to run the setup wizard off the cd, then power off the computer and insert the card and it would continue the setup when restarted. I completed that and the card works, somewhat. I try to connect to my network and I get the limited or no connectivity error. It said that my network has not assigned this computer an IP address. What is wrong and how do i fix it?

ThePCguy95

Well, Right after posting this I thought about encryption settings on it. I looked and it was using AES so i thought to try changing it to TKIP to see what happens. And, well, it worked. So if anyone in the future reads this, That is the answer.

TerryNet

Terry
You can mark this solved using the
button at the upper left of the page.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online