1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Lite On DVD Burner Not Working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BlackRose159, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BlackRose159

BlackRose159 Thread Starter

Hello.

I have been fighting a losing battle for 4 hours. I got a Lite On external CD/DVD burner for my computer. And I plugged it up and my computer said the new hardware was installed. But after installing Nero 9 Essentials, finding out it won't work with Windows Media Player and then uninstalling it. I am still left with my computer software not recognizing the new CD burner. I think the computer knows it's there because when I go to My Computer I can see the new drive.

But when the burner is plugged up I can't open Windows Media Player. So I unplugged it, started up WMP and then plugged in the burner again. And then WMP still doesn't recognize the burner. It says I don't have one.

I installed CD Burner XP and the same thing. The program won't open until the burner is not plugged up. Then when I open the program and then plug the burner in, the software says I don't have a burner.

What is going on?

Thank you.

2. pip22

pip22

The CD/DVD burner may be faulty.

3. BlackRose159

"You posted no details on whether it's a SATA or IDE burner, or how it's connected up. All very relevant."

That was posted buy someone but I don't see it on here.

But I don't know what either of those things mean. So that's why I didn't say it.

It's an external CD/DVD burner and it is connected to my computer from one micro
    USB to my computer buy 2 USBs. No power cord.

4. win2kpro

win2kpro

It just sounds like a defective unit. If it is not necessary to move the unit often, I would recommend that you get one with an external power supply rather than pulling the power off 2 USB ports.

5. BlackRose159

Thank you. I am going to return it. It's all boxed up and ready to be taken to the UPS store.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030843

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice