Solved: Literary genius required

bomb #21

If someone is due to take over a position, s/he can be referred to as "so & so elect".

I'm giving up a position shortly, what's the correct terminology for that? All I can think of is "bomb #21 (outgoing)", but that just makes me sound like some kind of extrovert. :eek:

Any suggestions? TIA,
Andy

WendyM

Retired Trusted Advisor
You're right, it's outgoing so you would be Outgoing Bomb #21. I'm not aware of there being any other term for it other than the more colloquial Lame Duck Bomb #21. :D

bomb #21

Oh ... I was hoping for something with a little more gravitas. :(

Thanks WendyM. :)

I am going to comment, however, more information would have been helpful.:confused:

How about: Bomb #1 is moving to another position, and Bomb#2 is filling the vacated position? Just an example.

bomb #21

My bad, poochee.

I just meant for signing off correspondence. So if I was imminent, I'd put:

Regards,
bomb #21,
Preident elect

but since I'm soon-to-be-gone, it's be:

Regards,
bomb #21,
President ???

Ya see? :)

Until your position ends it is signed:
bomb #21
President

The incumbent retains the title; the use of "President-Elect" is to show that this person doesn't hold the office yet.

bomb #21

gbrumb said:
Until your position ends it is signed:
bomb #21
President
Makes sense gbrumb, point taken. Maybe I couldn't see that for the light at the end of the tunnel. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online