1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Little (Read: Lots) Of help needed!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Bigmatt500, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bigmatt500

Bigmatt500 Thread Starter

Just getting into this Networking thing. Mainly I was at a friends house recently and he was having a little LAN party and I hopped on while he was Taking a bathroom Break and it was so.. lag free, purley amazing. I lost my viginity all over again. So i wanna throw one for my friends. Thing is none of us has any periphinalia. So what do i need. I was looking into the 10baseT/100baseT kind. With a central hub. Mainly because it sounds easier to set up. Any Help?

EDIT:
    I forgot to mention I have a LinkSys WRT54GS Router. If I could set a small network up on my two home computers for a small 2 player WC3 game or stuff.

2. UNIKSERV

UNIKSERV

Physically you already have enough hardware to do what you need. You'll need a server of course. Just make sure everyone connects to the LAN ports on the router and you should be ok... hardware wise.
    If want advice on a server or on software you'll have to give us more information on your intentions.

Joe

3. Bigmatt500

Sorry for the long response.
    just a few things I want to do.
    1. Be able to share a printer.
    2. Have somekind of shared drive.
    3. Be able to play Multiplayer LAN games like Warcraft 3, Half Life, and Medal of Honor Allied Assault.

4. Bigmatt500

LOL I just ran Windows Network Wizard.. that was incredably easy

5. UNIKSERV

UNIKSERV

Awesome.

Joe

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/526275

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice