1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] lkernel.exe application error?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by chrislo, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chrislo

chrislo Thread Starter

I have just installed a Belkin Hi Speed USB 2.0 DVD creator to my XP Home system together with the enclosed Ulead Video Studio 6 software.
    On loading the Driver I'm getting an error message in lkernel.exe,'Application error instruction at ox771c732a reference memory at ox00163590 could not be read'.
    I am able to open Video Studio OK and can capture video but am unable to hear any sound on playback. The sound is recording on my system as it will playback on the Windows Movie maker programme?
    I have tried to remove all programmes several times and tried system restore but still no joy.
    Can anyone please help?
    My XP version was pre loaded by HP so do not have an operating disc to reload if I have a damaged file.
    Many thanks
    Chris

2. SexyTech

SexyTech

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

4. chrislo

chrislo Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, I downloaded the Windows fix and the error message appears to have gone! I still have no sound in Ulead Video Studio, I assume that this must be a separate issue?
    Once again thanks again for all your assistance.
    Chris

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Yes, if the drivers are installed, and the sound card device in the Device Manager says it is "working properly" under "status", something else is at work. You should start a separate topic for it.

If the sound problem only exists with respect to a particular application and is not system wide, you should probably address it in the All Other Software forum.

6. chrislo

chrislo Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply, I have now posted again as suugested.
    regards
    Chris

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167594

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice