1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Loading Microsoft 2007 on net book

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jampot, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jampot

jampot Thread Starter

I recently purchased a copy of Microsoft 2007 to load onto my daughters net book. Stupidly I did not notice the small matter of a lack of DVD drive on the net book!

If I purchased an external drive could I load it this way?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I'm not sure what you purchased. There's no such product "Microsoft 2007". But if it's on a CD, an external drive will certainly work to put the disk in and attempt to install it. As for whether or not it actually will install and work depends on what exactly it is and whether or not the computer meets the system requirements.

3. jampot

jampot Thread Starter

It is on a CD.

I have also been told that it is possible to copy files onto a flash drive and load onto the net book that way. Is this true? I have the product key for the CD. Would I need this at any stage during the installation?

Thanks

4. jampot

jampot Thread Starter

Net book is Acer, 1GB RAM 250GB HDD running Windows 7

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What's the software?

6. jampot

jampot Thread Starter

According to the disk it is called 'Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007'

It has Word, Excel, PowerPoint Outlook etc, ie the full range of Microsoft applications

7. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Look on the side of the case that your CD came in and you will see and web site url that you can install from. It will require the key code for that copy.

8. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You can try copying it to a flash drive and installing it that way. I don't know if it'll work or not.

9. jampot

jampot Thread Starter

It was a 2 disc set that came in CD type sleeves rather than an actual case. Can't seem to find a URL although the 25 character product key is printed on the back.

Is there a way of finding out the site as this would be by far the easiest option.

10. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What's the question? Do you not have a flash drive to try? If not, just buy the external CD/DVD drive. Yes, you will need to enter the product key printed right there on the sleeve.

11. jampot

jampot Thread Starter

Thanks DoubleHelix for your advice - I do indeed have a flash drive to try. My question was in response to another posting which advised that I could download the software from a particular website if I had the product key (which I do).

I was simply requesting the URL (see thread from DaveA)

12. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
  13. jampot

jampot Thread Starter

loaded files onto usb stick - worked a charm!

Thanks for help

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972159

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice