Solved: locked out of microsoft word starter2010

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pathoppy

I have written a book which has been saved for a long time. each days work
time cannot get it back
Started a new book at end of day saved the work two days ago seconds before I went to save the work I caught the mouse with my elbow and cannot retrieve the work
every time I go on to Microsoft which I have used for a couple of years I now get
" Microsoft word starter2010 cannot be opened try again or go to control"
I have tried recovery which says it cannot replace recovery
Hope you can help please
I cannot remember my Microsoft code from years ago
Len

Almost any new Office program can read and work with Ms Office files these days. I never saw a code BTW with Office Starter editions which are free so I suspect yours is corrupted. Why not download and install Open Office then open the Word equivalent and browse through the folder at top left until you get to your Word Starter file and it will open and work with that.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/

pathoppy

hi rich
But I am trying to get my lost word don't think buying a new one would help
Len

google Microsoft Office 2010 starter, it is available on free download, you may have to run it as administrator and from what I can remember from the last time I installed it it can throw up an error but this was just a red herring, it worked ok when I tried it

The program I was suggesting is FREE. There is nothing there to buy and you have way more functionality with Open Office.

If you mean Open Office yes it will open and allow editing or change to any Ms Office file including Excel and Powerpoint as well as Ms Word.
Once you install it go into Tools, Options, Load Save General and then change save as to Ms Word 97,2000,XP then Load Save, Ms Office and put checkmarks in "S" column for all 4 listed which will then save and convert all files to Ms Office.

pathoppy

Thanks guys the down load of office solved the problem but lost a lot of work
Len

Out of curiosity what doi you mean "lost a lot of work"? Maybe we can help?

pathoppy

Hi thanks
I lost 4 pages of work on a book I am writing, but have since rewrote it

len

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online