1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Log on as administrator

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by barb702, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. barb702

barb702 Thread Starter

Hi. I tried to uninstall "google earth" and got a window telling me that I have to log on as an administrator in order to uninstall it. I have never done this before and am wondering if someone can tell me how to go about doing it. I have a laptop w/win. Vista. I R. clicked the google icon and saw "run as administrator" and when I clicked it Google Earth opened and used all of my desktop. No way to minimize it to get to my start button! The only way to get out is to close it. Is there a way to log onto the computer as an administrator and uninstall this Jona?

Barb

2. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    How did you try to uninstall it? You were correct in your method of running as an administrator by right clicking the icon in question. However you clearly don't uninstall a program by running the program as an administrator, you uninstall by running the uninstaller as an administrator.

3. barb702

barb702 Thread Starter

I 1st went into "add remove programs" and started the uninstall. About 1/2 way through I got the message that I have to be an administrator. I'm now trying it with "google uninstall" and see what happens. It is uninstalled. Thankyou very much!! It was just that I had a brain cramp when I was told to log on as an administrator. LOL

4. StarOfSouls

StarOfSouls

LOL -A brain cramp- That's good one! -Laughs-

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!