Solved: Log on as administrator

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

barb702

Hi. I tried to uninstall "google earth" and got a window telling me that I have to log on as an administrator in order to uninstall it. I have never done this before and am wondering if someone can tell me how to go about doing it. I have a laptop w/win. Vista. I R. clicked the google icon and saw "run as administrator" and when I clicked it Google Earth opened and used all of my desktop. No way to minimize it to get to my start button! The only way to get out is to close it. Is there a way to log onto the computer as an administrator and uninstall this Jona?

Barb

Ent

Josiah
Retired Trusted Advisor
How did you try to uninstall it? You were correct in your method of running as an administrator by right clicking the icon in question. However you clearly don't uninstall a program by running the program as an administrator, you uninstall by running the uninstaller as an administrator.

barb702

I 1st went into "add remove programs" and started the uninstall. About 1/2 way through I got the message that I have to be an administrator. I'm now trying it with "google uninstall" and see what happens. It is uninstalled. Thankyou very much!! It was just that I had a brain cramp when I was told to log on as an administrator. LOL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online