Solved: log out of facebook in notification centre of mac OS X Mountain Lion

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jazz294

I go on facebook on my phone an laptop, but i have also been on on my mums mac OS X Mountain Lion, and somehow it has signed me into the notifications centre on her computer. this means she can see all my private messages etc. which i do not want.
I need to know how to logout of facebook in the notifications centre.
i have cleared cookies and made sure my password was not saved to the computer but it hasn't stopped it.

thanks for any help

(NB: she also has a facebook account so if there was a way to put her in instead that would work too)

jazz294

i figured it out eventually, but if anyone else wants to know here's the info

go to System Preferences>Mail, Contacts & Calendars
on the left you will see a list of email/calendar/etc service providers that send you notifications
Click on Facebook and then the - sign at the bottom, this deletes that account
to add a new account click facebook on the right and then the + at the bottom then add your profile information

good luck

He's another approach: Enable Guest account on her laptop. Guest account setting/preferences will be forgotten when you log out and that way you aren't looking at her Facebook info also! ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online