1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Logging out

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by uhaligani, Jul 18, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. uhaligani

uhaligani Guest Thread Starter

Every time I logged into this site, I found I was already logged in. This baffled me and I put it down to contstant memory lapses. I've just realised that, when you log out, you must then select one of the two options in order to thouroughly log out. (At least on my computer!) Is this needed. Surely if one is logging out, it is the intention to move on to other websites? Other than that, being a fairly new poster, I find this site very smart in its operation and, more so, the posters are more mature and understanding (with a couple of unfortunate exceptions) than some of the forums I visit. The navigation is superb. keep it going!

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, the default is to remember your login in a cookie, so you don't have to keep entering it each time you come back. Personally, it would annoy me to have to key in my login info each time I came to TSG. FWIW, most other discussion boards work the same way.

3. uhaligani

uhaligani Guest Thread Starter

Maybe. Its not a big issue. If you think its normal, then so be it. I visit 6 other forums regularly, none of them have that symptom. Unfortunately, for various reasons, my computer dletes all cookies when I have finished using a browser. Not to worry - I'll get used to it.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, if your system is deleting cookies that you don't want it to, I suggest dealing with that issue.

Remember, you have to click on the "save login info" or "remember me" to have the forum save your info.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484180

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice