Solved: Login screen reappears after brief user inactivity

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Joseph King

One of my older Windows 7 machines has two users: Administrator and Me. For as long as I've had it, Me is taken back to the login screen after a very short period of inactivity, perhaps 5 or 10 minutes. I cannot find anywhere to tell it to stop doing this.

There is no password set for Me, nor for Administrator.

When I say it takes me back to the login screen, I mean the icon for Me is displayed (only the icon for Me -- as opposed to the boot-up screen that shows the icons for both Administrator and Me) and below it is a button that says Switch User.

I just have to click the icon for Me to go back to my desktop or work, but it's a hassle.

For reasons I cannot understand, my two new Windows 7 machines are not doing that even though they, too, have two users, Administrator and Me, and those also do not have passwords. Very perplexing. I've looked in every place I can think of, from User Account settings to Power Options settings (which are now all set to "Samsung" profile for the SSDs I've installed in all these machines -- though I've then drilled through all conceivable settings within that and nothing seems to apply to this issue).

Thanks!

EDIT: I created a password for Me and that didn't help.

This could be a problem with screen-saver options.

Go to Start > Control Panel > type in the search box "screen saver" > now uncheck the "on resume, display logon screen" and you can also set off the screen saver.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online