Solved: loging in XP Pro

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

QBA

Hi

When I have multiples users in Windows XP Pro, Is there a way for my account to always log automatically as I restart windows without asking me to choose who is logging in?

Thanks

Alex

DoubleHelix

Banned
What's the point of having multiple login accounts if you want the computer to always automatically log in with one particular account?

QBA

Thanks DoubleHelix,

The point is that I will be using this machine 98 percent of the time, so if the other users want to use this machine once in a while they will just log off and switch user to log with their account :)

Plus I'm runing a ftp server using IIS and those users will never fisically loging using my machine so there is not need for their accounts to show on the logging screen after I restart :)

any ideas?

To answer your question, if want to have it automatically log you on,

Start / Run / "control userpasswords2" - no quotes
Uncheck User must enter a user name and password to use this computer

Then enter the account and password you want to use.

QBA

Thanks Bob Cerelli

Do you know if by unchecking this box the users logging via ftp will be still ask for their passwrod?

QBA

thanks Bob Cerelli :)

totally did the job !!!!!!! :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online