1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Logitech m-rr95

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wyred, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wyred

wyred Thread Starter

I've had this Logitech wireless optical mouse for a few months now, and it's always done this, i've just never put too much into a solution:

every so often (as frequently as every minute, and as rare as every other hour) the mouse will stop working as if it were no longer communicating with the computer. I have to unplug the usb connector, wait for the sound telling me it's been disconnected, then plug it back in.

I've unistalled/reinstalled the software a couple of times. right now i don't have the software installed at all, since that way i have to wait less before the computer recognizes that it's unplugged, so i can plug it back in.

I've tried other usb ports on my hub and computer, with no success there either.

i observed, and it is not related to my computer's CPU usage displayed on my task manager, it's just complety random.

any suggestions?

btw- i purchased it at Wal-Mart, so i can't take it back out of the 90 day electronic return period.

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

You mean its freezing?? (sorry I had to ask)

What version of Windows are you using and what service packs have you applied. There have been problems with USB support in several versions.

3. Cell

Cell

i had the same problem with a usb mouse. im not too fond of them. i bought a usb to ps/2 adapter and plugged it into the ps/2 slot for the mouse and it worked fine.

4. wyred

wyred Thread Starter

Windows XP, downloaded all available service packs and updates current to date.

and i know i had one of those adapters somewhere too. i'll track it down and give it a try

5. wyred

wyred Thread Starter

can't find the adapter, but i do have an incredible collection of phone line filters, ethernet and usb cables that i didn't know i still had though...interesting

6. Cell

Cell

adapters often transform into cables after so long! LOL

7. Derrick

Derrick

It's the wireless thing ,I bought a wireless mouse and though it sucked compared to my wired one, maybe cause it was a cheapy. Maybe you should stay wired wyred :D

8. wyred

wyred Thread Starter

lol, nice. i had gotten a Microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard combo a while back, and it worked great. then i had my best friend over with his pit bull one day and he got my mouse within minutes. (totally not cool) but he gave me the money and i got this one. it was $40, so i figured it would be ok, but...that's how it goes i guess.

9. Derrick

Derrick

Oh well what can ya do,

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325174

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice