1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Logitech Optical mouse jumping

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fishington, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fishington

fishington Thread Starter

I am running XP Home edition and I have just bought a logitech pilot optical mouse - it is plugged into my ps2 port. I downloaded the current driver and set up everything ok. The problem is that the mouse pointer jumps all round the screen every now and again. I have seen that this can be a problem when using it as USB.
    Could the mouse be influenced by external factors (the computer desk is very close (2ft) to the fuseboard and electricity meter)

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

What kinda mouse pad are you using?

Could be.. There's a PC in our warehouse that has this problem due to it's proximity to a ham radio antenna.

3. fishington

fishington Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply - you may have sorted the problem! The mouse mat was one with adverts (not the punk band) all over it and a calendar on it (its quite shiney as well) I turned it over to the black foamy side and so far it seems to be working ok!!

Thanks again

4. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

A reflective surface will often cause an optical mouse to exhibit erratic behavior (try it on a mirror for a true psychedelic experience). Such behavior can also be caused by dirt or even a hair stuck to the bottom of the mouse...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice