1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: logon failure

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by carolo7, Mar 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. carolo7

carolo7 Thread Starter

I know you don't help with logon for security reasons.

I have 4 recovery disks...but don't know what to do with them.

I have Windows 7 Toshiba laptop M645-S4070 This is the first time this happened. When I enter my password, get message: User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Can someone walk me thru the steps for using the recovery disks. Thanks

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

Do you have all of your files backed up? If you restore to out of box condition you will likely loose your data.
    Does the laptop starts in Safe Mode?

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
  4. carolo7

carolo7 Thread Starter

sorry for the delay. I have the laptop backed up.

5. carolo7

carolo7 Thread Starter

I can start in safe mode.

but how do I boot to the first recovery dvd?

6. carolo7

carolo7 Thread Starter

Terry, I just looked at the link. I started in safe mode, but then the instructions say to click on START. I can't access START. also, I'm leary of going into the registry.

CleaverX I'm thinking a restart is best, if you can tell me how to start the recovery. When I insert recovery DVD 1 of 4, nothing happens. I did reboot with DVD in drive, Windows starts as normal, and brings me to logon. I tried my password again, and again get "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded" I know the password is correct...it's written down. I created a password recovery disk on my PC, tried it on the laptop. it won't work.

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Place the 1st DVD in your DVD drive and on power on or restart you press whatever key you need to press to choose the boot order or to choose which device to use for this boot (computers differ; I have no idea what the instructions for yours say). When the first DVD begins to boot you may get a (often very brief) prompt to "press any key to boot from CD."

8. CleaverX

CleaverX

9. carolo7

carolo7 Thread Starter

THANK YOU!!!!!! In the meantime, I kept searching online. I found Windows Password Recovery from DR MyCommerce. The standard version didn't work/$19.95 then they sent me the ultimate version, and it worked. I'm back up and running!

I will also check out, and probably print out the 'out of box' recovery procedure.

thank you so much. you helped me stick with this.

10. carolo7

carolo7 Thread Starter

just FYI ---- it's F12 on the Toshiba then move CD/DVD to top of list tap any key and the CD/DVD will load

You guys helped me figure out this step. I never did this before. thanks.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!