1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: logonUI not responding to mouse

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by manzo, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manzo

manzo Thread Starter

Hello

WinXp Home Ed. SP3

Synopsis:

I recently decided to change my logon UI to another, I have done it before with no problem, all went well until I tried to logon after the change, first thing I spotted was " 'Parser Message'...value creation failed " at line 74 "[sic] I clicked on OK button and the error repeated itself several times but I eventually got to the logonUI and the buttons within the UI do not respond.

Steps so far:

Assuming this was a msgina.dll problem I booted into safe via the power button. entered into sytem32 changed the name of msgina.dll to msgina_bak.dll. Then I renamed my backup of the original msgina.dll [msgina_original.dll] to msgina.dll so all back to the original state as it were. Then booted into normal.This doesn't seem to have worked and I have googled myself silly :D!
    I no longer have the factory discs for this OS so doing a repair install isn't an option. Not only that I am sure it is this msgina.dll but I can't see why.
    I am probably forgetting to do something but I don't think so.

Any ideas guys? Everything else works fine, I have absolutely no other problems, this is more of an inconvenience than anything else, athough I don't like powering down too often without allowing windows to shut down in it's own sweet time otherwise trouble is just waiting around the corner!

Thanks in advance. "Long time reader,first time poster" :)

2. manzo

manzo Thread Starter

bump

3. manzo

manzo Thread Starter

Did it myself after no response from forum despite bumping after 1st 24 hours

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754177

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice