1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Long beep and black screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deejd1, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deejd1

deejd1 Thread Starter

On board video. Only one memory card 256 DDR, S3 Savage 32 mb agv video. Running xp pro. Will pull battery again and leave it out for hour. Thanks for all your input.

2. deejd1

deejd1 Thread Starter

The Problem is SOLVED!!!! I don't know if it was removing the battery and reseting the cmos, or cleaning the memory stick. Becouse I did both at the same time, however it cured the problem. I want to Thank all of you for your help.

3. Mulderator

Mulderator

Glad we could help--please send $250 payable to "Mulder" care of Tech Support Guy! ;)

4. Mulderator

Mulderator

BTW--a very nice upgrade to your system would be to purchase another stick of memory--either 256 or 512 depending on your budget. Its tough to run XP on just 256K ESPECIALLY with onboard video.

5. lehatche

lehatche

Mulder, Don't I get a little cut here? LOL

6. Mulderator

Mulderator

Yeah--I'll give you $50! ;)

7. lehatche

lehatche

So, when is the lift off day for your pet pig with wings? I want to know so I can expect my $5.00 after Uncle Sam gets his! LOL

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/508046