1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Look Up a Record

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Jiimandjo, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiimandjo

Jiimandjo Thread Starter

How do I choose just 1 record for a report that will be printed out? In my case, I want to print a list of phone numbers that a client is allowed to call. The client's name is in the first table and the phone numbers are in another table.

2. karlhaywood

karlhaywood Account Closed

Ok in the criteria field of the query that feeds the data to the report you need this in the id

forms![formname]![Controlname]

formname being the actual name of your form and controlname being the name of your id field.

you will also need a button on the form, with the below code attached

DoCmd.OpenReport "YourReportName", AcViewPreview

YourReportName being the actual name of your report

Hope this helps you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972004

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice