1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Looking for a CD/DVD burning app

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by hansmax, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hansmax

hansmax Thread Starter

I've been trying to burn some backups of DVD movies with all the freeware I can find (DVD Encrypter, DVD Shrink, CD Burner XP Pro 3, etc.) So far I have not had much success due to my own inexperience and the difficulty with trying to put two or three apps together to do one job. I'm thinking I could do a little better if I had a genuine DVD burning app to go with the rest and I seem to hear the best about Nero 6.6. Going out and looking for it, I run into all kinds of offers for OEM versions at ridiculously low prices. I am familiar with the concept of OEM software and have bought and used a lot of it successfully, but I'm wondering what the catch is when this software, usually listing at $80 to $100, is offered for free (at least three vendors) or almost equally unbelievable prices such as $2, $3, or $5. My mama taught me that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. What's the catch? I'd appreciate any input.

2. pinntech

pinntech

DVD X-Copy Express is probably one of the most widely used DVD Backup program used. However, you do have to pay for it. It is a great program. I am assuming you are making yourself back up copies of commercial DVDs that you purchased. Plus, you are making the backups to preserve the original. I know that is right, right?

3. hansmax

hansmax Thread Starter

That is correct. However, what I'm interested in the most here is just plain old DVD/CD burning software and the "deals" I've seen on Nero. I'd like to know what the catch is.

4. jamesh2923

jamesh2923

5. hansmax

hansmax Thread Starter

This is a very interesting site. I've bookmarked it because it looks like a person could spend a lot of time there. However, what I'm really interested in hearing about is whether anyone has any experience with these "unbelieveably cheap" deals on Nero 6.6. One site I looked at seemed to indicate that there might be some problem with opening it with certain DVD players, and gave some kind of workaround that I didn't fully understand.

6. pinntech

pinntech

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Nero will copy a commercial DVD. I use Nero, but have never tried to copy a commercial DVD with it. I know Roxio will not do it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327592

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice