Solved: looking for a Win7 windows restore location and size program

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

etherdose

Michael
Heya folks!

Long ago i had used a program that when installed into Windows 7 it simply remembered the size, location and settings of folders opened. I cannot find it (as my backup hard drive crashed with my programs that I used to use *bak) so I am trying to find this program. Any ideas? Thanks !:eek:

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Was it this program? ShellFolderFix

It's a free utility...here is another site about it>>>>>>http://www.cnet.com/how-to/quick-fixes-for-five-windows-7-shortcomings/

http://www.davescomputertips.com/fix-the-windows-7-amnesia-problem-with-shellfolderfix/

As you may be aware, a lot of freeware does bundle some adware, even the great apps we use everyday do..... there is an "OPT-OUT" checkbox to UNcheck during installing.....if you do notwant to install the

adware...... so watch for them......I am not sure if this utility does bundle any, just mentioning it for you and others to take note of!

etherdose

Michael
Yes...

I believe this is the program I was looking for. Thank you!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online