1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Looking for backed up mail contacts to reinstall in new mail system

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rmorgan63, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rmorgan63

rmorgan63 Thread Starter

:confused: I just changed over from Windows Vista and installed Windows 7 32 bit. I did a total backup onto an external hard drive. Now that I have my new mail installed from Microsoft Office 2010 which is Microsoft Outlook, I want to reinstall all my mail contacts from my backed up system. Does anyone know the file ext to look for and under what folder would these contacts be posted in? Also, would anything change from Vista to 7 as far as the ext name ?

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

Outlook Mail and contacts are stored in a .pst file . . usually hidden, so when you seanrch, set it to look in hidden files and folders. Same for Vista and 7

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
  4. rmorgan63

rmorgan63 Thread Starter

Yea!!!!!!!, thanks to "Old Rich" and to "TerryNet" I was able to find my lost windows contacts. Kudos to you guy's cause if it weren't for you two, I might not have found them.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :)

6. Old Rich

Old Rich

Great! !

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!