1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Looking for tutorials

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by nopeeking, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nopeeking

nopeeking Thread Starter

I just installed MS Office 2000. I wanted to teach myself how to use the programs within. Does anyone know of a good "free" online tutorial I could access?

2. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

Link

Idle question? Did you try a search engine before you posted your question? That's where I found the link above!

3. nopeeking

nopeeking Thread Starter

Sorry. I supposed I could have asked the same question in the Random Discussion forum. After all, it isn't really a problem I'm having. Thanks for taking the time to post that link. It looks like it will be helpful.

4. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

No need to be sorry. And, this is probably the forum to post the query in.

The reason I asked about the search engine is because there is so much info on the net now, that anytime you are looking for something, this is the place to start.

5. starchild

starchild

I agree with asking someone who knows and can pinpoint some good ones. Like here.

I'm doing the same thing, learning Office 2000 (via tutorials and a few books I've gotten) and a lot of time can be spend "wading" through the searches looking for good, clear ones.
    I just found a good one today for mail merging in Word (which I got into because I'm doing Publisher and that has mail merge) and this is the 2nd person today I've passed it on to.
    http://www.uis.edu/ctl/training/handouts/merge.pdf
    I say good because it looks good, I printed it out. Haven't tried it yet. Actually I came here tonight to ask a question of my own (in a new post)

There are good tutorials with some of the programs, too, in HELP (with the program open). I didn't know this until recently, when someone mentioned it.

I don't know if all the programs have it, but Publisher does. Word doesn't seem to, maybe because there is so much to learn about it.

~ Carrie

6. nopeeking

nopeeking Thread Starter

You don't have to tell me about "wading through the searches" on the internet. That's got to be my least favorite thing to do, considering we're on a dialup connection. So yes, I came here in order to save time.

I did check out the links provided here, and they seem very helpful. But we only have one phone line here, so being online for hours at a time would tie it up. So I think I will also look for some books on the subject.

Thanks for your reply, Carrie. :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329485

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice