1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Looking to work in a PROJECT

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by sepala, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sepala

sepala Thread Starter

I am a software engineering student. Right now, I know web designing and some JAVA(Basics). Our lecturer asked us to find and work on a PROJECT to gain some experience. I am looking for that kind of project now. Actually I am not expecting big salary or something, it is OK if they pay something affordable. I am looking for something which should happen everything ONLINE. If someone can help me, please help me with this case. If you can't tell that in public, please PM me.

Thanks

2. ehymel

ehymel

sepala,

What are your areas of work? In another thread you mentioned that you were studying Java, but then proceeded to list php and javascript as your areas of interest. Neither of these has anything to do with Java. I'm just trying to figure out what you actually work with.

Do you have any Android programming experience?

3. sepala

sepala Thread Starter

Really Really thank you for the reply ehymel. I work with all of that HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, PHP, MYSQL, and JAVA. I am new to Java, so know basic stuffs. Tomorrow I have my classes, I am gonna learn JAVA Threading there(Hope you can understand my JAVA level). I am good in web designing(Still learning PHP).

In that Android programming case, I have no experience(I have to learn what really Android is!).

4. ehymel

ehymel

Android is the operating system designed by google for mobile phones. It is based somewhat on Java.

I would advise you to learn the languages you mentioned by working on a project for yourself, like organizing your dvd collection or maybe a list of your coursework and homework assignments. Use php for the backend, store all data in a mysql database, and make it look nice with css. When it's looking great, mix in some AJAX with JQuery. This would get your feet wet with some real-world programming.

When it's all done, do the same application in Java.

Nothing will help you learn like an actual project, so jump in!

I'll keep watching your posts and keeping my eye out for projects that might be good for you.

5. sepala

sepala Thread Starter

Thank you very very very much ehymel...I am so happy than ever!! Thanks again! Hope to have a GOOOD project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad to have you as a Friend:)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975788

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice