1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Loss of Wireless Connectivity Range

Discussion in 'Networking' started by redbaron0005, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. redbaron0005

redbaron0005 Thread Starter

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 running on Windows XP that I recently reformated and reinstalled windows and a few of my applications onto. After reinstalling all my drivers and returning my configurations my Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG Wirelss Network Conn seems to have lost 3/4 of its transmitting range. I have tried reinstalling drivers, changing ip addresses, switching to windows controlled networking, installing drivers in a different order, chaning router settings, downloading new software from dell and intel, etc, etc, but cannot seem to restore the adaptor to its original range. Let me know if you have any suggestions. No spyware, viruses, virus protection software. It is really driving me crazy.

I also have a Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller
    & 1394 Net Adaptor Installed

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Check to see if the antenna leads have come loose. If you don't still have the paper document that shows how to get to those leads look for the Maintenance manual for your model on Dell's web site.

3. redbaron0005

redbaron0005 Thread Starter

Thanks this was exactly the problem, went in and reattached them. Thanks for saving me alot of time, I dont know how I didnt think of this. - ps my name is Terry!

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Glad you got it working, Terry! :) You can mark this Solved using the button at the upper left of the page.
    Terry

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/859007

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice