1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Lost a downloaded file

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by sparkknock, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sparkknock

sparkknock Guest Thread Starter

I have WindowsXP and I downloaded a book off the internet. It saved the book as a Zip file, but when I do a search, I cannot find it. Please help me.
    Sparkknock :confused:

2. jwbirdsong

jwbirdsong

download it again??

3. diamondnular

diamondnular

Hi sparkknock, how did you download the book then? Did you use some software to download or you just used the download tool of window? If you used software then you should see its configuration to find where it stores downloaded files (for example, it is C:\Download if you use FlashGet). If you used IE to download it, meaning you save as ... and save, then you may want to download something again to locate where is the default location storing files (normally is My Documents). But remember that if the file has some errors or there are some errors in the time of downloading (due to network problems, due to errors on server etc) then you would NOT have any file, even the broken file!

4. sekirt

sekirt

Click Start--->Find.
    Where it says named type in *.*
    Next click the Date tab--->Find All Files--->Between.
    Then adjust both calendars for the date you downloaded the e-book.

That will find all files on your computer from that date. Sift through them to locate the one you need.

sekirt

5. sparkknock

sparkknock Guest Thread Starter

We solved the problem, but thanks to all who lended a hand. Thanks to all.

SparkKnock

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224740

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice