Solved: lost access to files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

warrior.quee

My CDROM drive is partition in 3, c:/ for system, d:/ for paging and downloads, and e:/ for all my files. under e:/ I have a folder for docs I work on called docs+, under this another folder that has all my work, it will look like this...
e:\docs+\nombre's documents\****(here follows all my work)****
I decided that since the only file on "docs+" was "nombre's documents" I should get rid of the extra folder that makes it anoying when accesing so I copied and pasted all the files from e:\docs+\nombre's documents\ --to-- e:\docs+\, now I have a terrible problem, I can't open any of the files I moved,

aditional info...
I'm logg in as admin so I have full access
I tried changing, the atributes under file properties, which now appear as read only, I get an error message saying access denied

Can anyone help please?[/FONT]:( :( :( :(

Restart your computer and hit F8 repeatedly untill you get a screen with advanced windows options. Select safe mode (with networking or without) and select the operating system and hit ok. Now at the login screen select the account that says administrator. Once you are logged on navigate to that folder and right click on it, then go to properties. Click on the security tab. Check all the permissions there (administrator and your account and everything) and make sure you can do whatever you want to that folder. See if that does it. Or you can use the ownership part of advanced and take ownership of everything.

warrior.quee

thanks very much Jackiefrost9

looks like the problem was that when I moved the folder, it and every single file within it lost ownership info so no way I could have access them if with no ownership

I have began the task of changing the owner ship and setting atributes on each file and it is becoming tedious, I'm just wondering if there is anyway of avoiding the repetition and aply to all subfolders and files at once

thanks again:)

warrior.quee

that box did not make a diferences realy, I still had to go into the each folder to apply ownership to all folders and files subsecuently

thanks soo much,

and happy Kwanzaa!, Xmas and Hanukah

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online