Solved: Lost all bookmarks, prefences with Firefox

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

linsjean

Just today, I open FF, and all I get is a White screen which does not show my tool bars, bookmarks any of my old layout. I only was able to come beause I remembered the name of this place.

If I uninstall FF and reinstall FF, will I lose my bookmarks? What would you have me check first?

Thanks!

foxidrive

Banned
Google on the firefox profile manager. If you launch the profile manager it might have another profile listed in there, and your old one. You can select the other profile and it might restore your old profile, if that is the issue.

Don't forget to back up </nag>

linsjean

I figured out my own stupid mistake... I had the icon next to the minimize button maximized so I could not see anything, not even my system tray. So when I clicked on that little square button, everything came back including my bookmarks. Does this make any sense to any of you? Why would that happen if a person wanted to click that and move the window? i have done it a hundred times and never had FF behave this way.

Anyway, unless you can tell me how to prevent this from happening in the future, I say this is solved, by accident, lol

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online